Tip #1: Choose only 1 small, 1 medium and 1 large organizing project for each season!
Clutter clearing can feel overwhelming. Getting organized often feels impossible. My real life tip is to choose ONE small, ONE medium, and ONE large project for each season. Then schedule only one project for each month.The beginning of the year holds this big push for change. However, the best way to really make a change is to keep it small and realistic. Then let go of the stress and pressure to do it all or to keep doing more. Let this be enough.
There is also ease and power by aligning our projects with the cycles of the earth and our bodies. Our bodies naturally feel and align with the seasons of our earth. In the cold months we want to slow down and hibernate. In the warn months we want to play.
I have joyfully chosen my projects for this winter season. My small one is my music CD’s, my medium is my digital photos and my large one is my updating my Vital Documents now that I am engaged and my children are adults! Please take 10 minutes now, choose yours, write them down and share them with me. I will give you a reward. And contact us if you want or need help to get them done.
Your Guide – Marla Dee
Get the rest of my TOP TEN ORGANIZING TIPS for the New Year by clicking here
– the Creators of the Clear & SIMPLE Way to live free of clutter and be organized!
This last year has been all about creating and then clearing, over and over again! We had a blast launching our new brand & website, traveling to London, offering new eBooks and workshops, sharing the Powerful Staying in Business a Decade & Beyond – and so much more. It all led to creating our own form of chaos. The ladies always touting “Keep it Simple” had to take a long look at why we were making everything complicated. Ha Ha!
We sadly realized that in our frantic efforts to give you so much, we weren’t aligning with our core values – Simple, Joyful, & Soulful. We are sorry for throwing you more stuff than anyone could handle; more information than connection. In December we took a “time out”. We spent time clearing our own clutter, opening to sacred conversations, and constantly asking what we MOST want to give you in this New Year?
So, in true Clear & SIMPLE fashion, we’ve gone through SEE IT, MAP IT & DO IT to create a meaningful way to stay connected this year. Since you have signed up to receive content from us we want you to know what it will look like…
Isn’t it time for clarity that really matters, that will make a meaningful difference in your life?
With so many failed New Year’s Resolutions, even with the most determined attempts, people are starting to look at different approaches to makes changes in the new year. After all, it’s not really that we don’t have what it takes to create real change or even that what we so desire to change isn’t attainable. We simply need a new way.
We ran across an article by Parker J. Palmer about how the New Year’s energy feels like so much hoopla, but that we truly do desire a significant ritual and that “maybe we’re on the threshold of something new and better.” After reading an inspiring poem, some questions arose in him that he is using as his guiding force throughout the new year.
We just had to share these beautiful questions with you…
• “How can I let go of my need for fixed answers in favor of aliveness?
• What is my next challenge in daring to be human?
• How can I open myself to the beauty of nature and human nature?
• Who or what do I need to learn to love next? And next? And next?
• What is the new creation that wants to be born in and through me?”
Wow! Powerful. Meaningful. I know these are going to support me in creating some brilliant things in this new year. How about you? If you’d like more, read his whole post.
“JOY is the juice that makes life worth living!” Marla Dee
I am inviting you to stop, breathe in, open, feel into this moment and ask – Where is the joy inside me? In this moment I am filled to overflowing with joy. It is early on Christmas eve morning. I am in my comfy wicker chair, a soft blanket in my lap and gazing at our sweet christmas tree with sparkly lights. My heart is breaking wide open as I feel this huge love I have for my dear man, my kids, my family far away, my many friends and circles. I am absolutely overcome with the huge waves of joy that keep washing through me. I want so much to share this feeling with everyone I love and with you!
Here are some favorite quotes on Joy – I invite you to choose one and let it come to life inside you today. Let the joy in your life be a gift. I would love to hear from you.
“The present moment is filled with joy. If you are attentive you will see it.” Thich Nhat Hanh
“When we are centered in joy, we attain our wisdom” Marianne Williamson
“What I know for sure is that you feel real JOY in direct proportion to how connected you are to living your truth.” Oprah
“Winning is important to me, but what brings me real joy is the experience of being fully engaged in whatever I’m doing.” Phil Jackson
What if the key to a truly rich season was to simply feel the JOY? Joy is right here, right now. I need only stop, breathe and open up to feeling… Oh, there it is.
NOTE – Picture is my sweet daughter Jessica when she was 8 years old – she is now 19. Where does the time go? I love you Jessica!!!
1. Clean house one day before Thanksgiving and set your table.
2. Select soft music and comfy clothes to set the tune for the day; rise early to prepare your bird or whatever you intend to serve.
3. Prepare dressing, casseroles, gravy, vegetables, cakes and pies one week before Thanksgiving, and then put in freezer.
4. Pull everything out of the freezer Thanksgiving morning to defrost; microwave or bake everything before dinner; please time yourself
5. For decorating, try simple things: a glass bowl of lemons will look attractive; so will a cluster of grapes in a lovely bowl; small bunches of rosemary interspersed with peppercorns which grow on many trees in this part of the country. This will make a lovely table décor including candles.
6. Invite family members and friends to help. They will enjoy it and make your day a memorable one.