Traveling can be stressful if our stuff and our time is not organized.
Travel can spark new ideas and connect us with different cultures.
– Marla Dee
Use the Clear & Simple Way to organize your travel. You’ll be well ahead of the game by applying our systems to your pre-travel time!
SEE IT – Take a look at where you are now. Answer the questions below for how you typically travel.
- What’s working? You can be specific or general.
- What do you like (if anything) about planning, packing, and traveling?
- Are there things you know you want to change?
- What isn’t working? What don’t you like?
- Is there stuff you know you won’t need and take anyway?
- Breathe deeply and tap into how you feel when you prepare for a trip or vacation? Are you able to relax? Are you really on vacation?
MAP IT – Make a written plan for what you really need and want. We take just what we need and enjoy our trips more when we are clear about this.
- How do you want to feel while planning for and being on vacation?
- Download apps to support your planning and traveling.
- Create a mind map showing all the elements you need and want.
- Will you be traveling for pleasure? For work?
- Be open to scheduling time to plan and learn new ways.
- Is it time for you to purchase new luggage that you love and that supports your trips? If so, add this to your plan of action.
DO IT – Take the steps to make it happen. Look on your calendar and schedule the time at least a week ahead of traveling!
- Just get it done. Start by hauling out all of your travel items; luggage, toiletries, travel kits, packing cubes, travel accessories, etc.
- Go through the S.T.A.C.K.S.© System on the stuff you hauled out (Sort, Toss, Assign, Contain, Keep it up, Simplify). By following S.T.A.C.K.S.© the project will be easier and you will save time, energy, and money. Go to www.clearsimple.com/systems.
- There will be far fewer items than typical organizing projects, but they may also feel more loaded because we agonize about being unprepared.
- Once you complete this project, take time to practice and prepare things. Pack your bags in different ways to find what works best for you. Fill refillable toiletry bottles.