An organized kitchen is a happy kitchen!
It’s in the kitchen where the warmth of shared memories,
laughter and life create a recipe that spans generations.
– Yuvraj Kakodiya
The kitchen is the gathering place for family and friends. It is the place we go to nurture our bodies and connections. Because so much lands and happens in the kitchen it can get chaotic quickly. How often have you cleared the kitchen counter only to have it be cluttered up the next day?
SEE IT. MAP IT. DO IT.© is the 3-step organizing system that works for all the areas of your space and life. Let’s use it to transform your kitchen. Remember you can start small with one area and then move to others.
SEE IT – Take a look at where you are now. Have each person answer the questions below for the whole kitchen and then other areas such as the pantry. When you are done, take time to share with each other.
- What’s working? You can be specific or general.
- What do you love about the look, feel and function?
- Are there things you know you want to change?
- What isn’t working? What don’t you like?
- Is there stuff that doesn’t belong here, like paper piles on the counter?
- Are you doing things other than cooking and eating in your kitchen?
MAP IT – Make a written plan for what you want. Go after what you really desire. The kitchen is often a central gathering and connecting place.
- How do you want your kitchen to look, feel and function?
- Create an online board of images that inspire you.
- Create a mind map showing all the elements you want.
- Do you prefer completely clear countertops or to have some items out?
- What colors would make you happy? What kind of decor?
- What do you want to add to your kitchen, like new dishes or containers?
DO IT – Take the steps to make it happen. Look on your calendar and set up time for the transformation!
- Choose an area to start with. We suggest starting small and building up from there. For example, you could start with the countertops and junk drawer, then go to other drawers, cupboards, refrigerator and end with the pantry.
- Go through the S.T.A.C.K.S.© System for the area (Sort, Toss, Assign, Contain, Keep it up, Simplify). By following S.T.A.C.K.S.© the project will be easier and you will save money. Go to www.clearsimple.com/systems.
- Enjoy shopping for the containers you want and need.
- Once you complete each area, take time to celebrate. We know you will enjoy cooking and being in your kitchen. How fun would it be to schedule a family date night in your happy space?
I love teaching the Clear & Simple Way to live free of clutter and get organized at last.