What if you could walk into your office tomorrow, look around, get excited and energized?
Regardless of the size of your business, it is essential to have a personalized and organized workspace.
It helps refresh your mind, improves your productivity and deepens the joy in your work.
– Marla Dee
If you were standing at the doorway of your office with the person you admire most, would you be excited or ashamed? We certainly understand if your work space has become cluttered, disorganized and draining. This is what happens when your work expects more than you can give. You might be spending more time in your work space than at relaxing home. You might even be working from home! We wish more companies would give their employees, and more entrepreneurs would give themselves, at least one day each year just for clutter clearing and organizing.
If you are ready for an office that supports you rather than stressing you, we are here to help. You can start with just your desktop, your supply area, your technology, your paper or your productivity. Here are some great ideas to get you going. Give yourself permission and remember it can be powerful to pick just one!
What every office needs and wants:
- A really nice, big enough desk that you love working at
- An uncluttered desktop area for work and creativity
- A very comfortable, supportive chair and a carpet protector to go underneath
- Two desk drawers for daily supplies, along with an area for other supplies
- Two drawer file cabinet within arm’s reach of your chair to hold active projects
- Window and/or dimmer lighting for your preference and needs
- Computer equipment that is fast, accessible and ergonomically correct
- A shredder and recycle container close by so you can clear the junk quickly
- Inspirational object, plant or framed picture of someone you love
- Bulletin board or other area for visual reminders
- Incoming container for the paper and information coming at you.
- A vertical and visual action container for the papers that need your attention
- A project action center or location such as a different file drawer
- To read container and location to keep your reading papers separated
- Music you love or quiet depending on personality
- An office with a door so you can have privacy when you need it.
- A great chair to welcome collaborators or visitors (like your spouse)
- The entire iRAFT System to handle all your papers. Get details at clearsimple.com/iRAFT
- Checkout the Ultimate Filing System for homes or small businesses – FreedomFiler
What if you could walk into your office tomorrow, look around and feel yourself get excited and energized?
Your Guides to a Simpler Life, Marla Dee & Kate Fehr
We love teaching the Clear & Simple Way© to transform your life.