Organizing your year begins with organizing yourself!
Your life matters in this world – your gifts, your choices, your message, your love, your thoughts, your feelings, your struggles and your growth. You are worth spending time with. So before you dive into the actions of your year and day, take the time to get clear on what matters most to you!
See it. Map it. Do it. is the 3 step organizing system that works for all the areas of your space and life. Let’s apply it to your year.
SEE IT – Take a look at where you’ve been. You begin with acknowledging and learning from your past.
- What worked? What did you accomplish?
- What can you celebrate?
- What didn’t work? What dissapointed you?
- What did you learn about yourself, life and others?
MAP IT – Next it’s time to make a written plan for where you want to go. If you were taking a road trip, you would have a general idea of your destination and the stops along the way. Mapping out your year is similiar. Just get the big pieces in place.
- Choose one word for the year. Make it visual so you see it often and get reminded of your focus.
- Choose your three core values for this year. You can deepen this by adding a sentence of what meaning they have for you.
- Write down your five most important roles. Most of us have many roles and it is vital to know which ones matter most when you are making decisions each day.
- Write the most important goal, creation or change for each role.
- Choose a tool to write all this down you can review it often. Choose one that works for your personality, It can be paper or digital. Get creative with this so you love it.
DO IT – Take the steps to get here. Now that you have your map and tool for the year, it’s time for action. Here is the system to bring your goals into your daily life, to break down the big changes to smaller steps.
- For each month – Take one hour to llok at your year map and write down the 3 most important aftions for this month.
- For the week – Take 30 minutes, look at your month and write down the 3 most important actions for the week.
- For each day – Take time every morning with yourself, time to center and listen to what is going on inside you! Choose ways to do this that are meaning and attractive to you. Then write down the 3 most important action for the day. Lastly, close your day with celebrating your day and yourself.
Get your See it. Map it. Do it. System card here.