The Holidays are a favorite time of year! We love them and can also get stressed by them.
I am sharing my top organizing tips for the holiday season. These tips may seem simple but they help. Have fun watching my segment on Fresh Living! Also, get our Top Ten Tips for Home & Holidays eBook FREE – see below.
Marla Dee on KUTV Fresh Living
Here are my top tips for decreasing stress and adding JOY.
1. Choose one theme for your decorations and gift-wrap to make it easier. You can really simplify by having one color gift wrap for all your holidays.
2. Make Memories! Have fun making gifts along with favorite family traditions. Sit down together as a family and choose what would be the most meaningful time.
3. Keep all your lists handy either in a small notebook or an app on your phone. I love the free app Wunderlist for all my lists.
4. Get a fabulous container for the kitchen counter to handle the incoming paper and stuff. Get one with a top so you can cover it up when company is coming over.
During November and December, get our FREE GIFT – TOP TEN TIPS for Home & Holidays eBook.
My team can come help you create a beautiful & organized home for the holidays as a GIFT to yourself. You deserve a joyful and stress-free holiday season!
I love my life and want you to love yours, Marla Dee
Inspiration – the action or power of moving the intellect or emotions!
As defined by the Merriam-Webster Online Dictionary, getting inspired means to get the intellect or emotion moving! We often hear people say, “I”m lazy so I don’t… clean out my purse, clean out the garage, clean off the kitchen counter, organize the linen closet…” We want to reframe this. We believe it’s because these things just aren’t inspiring in and of themselves. However, once they are done, the space and fresh flowing energy gets our brains, hearts and bodies fired up! This opens us up to spend time and energy where we really want to. Now that’s inspiring!
Encouragement comes in many forms:
- creating a vision of what you most want
- reframing negative thoughts to positive ones
- the support of a trusted loved one
- a picture in a magazine
- hearing stories of others accomplishments
- sitting with how it will feel when you reach a desired outcome
Find what really lights up your entire being! Here are 3 ideas to get you going:
1 – Look for affirmation of the feeling you want on the other side of clearing the clutter. One great resource is Clutterers Anonymous and here are a couple from their site. As I declutter my life, I open up space to receive the support and comfort that I need – or – As I let go of what is insignificant to me, I am better able to enjoy those things that are important to me.
2 – Find stories of people that have released clutter that you resonate with. One of our favorite story tellers is family man Joshua Becker of Becoming Minimalist. Not only does he share about his family’s journey on his website, but he regularly shares guest posts in his newsletter.
3 – Print a picture or create a Pinterest board that inspires you let go of the stuff that is not adding value to your life or your space. We are always inspired by visual.
The ART of Letting Go is Marla’s ebook about taking that inspiration and then following the steps within The Clear & SIMPLE Systems to clear the clutter. Download this sweet and simple, yet powerful little book today as our free gift for yourself and others. Please feel free to share with your loved ones.