A clear day begins with a clear brain.
Information is coming at us nonstop from every direction. How can we make clear choices and decisions when our brain is already on overload. One tip for sanity is to claim 15-30 minutes each day just for clean out of all the build up and to give yourself a break from the new coming in. Some of my favorite ways to do this are:
- Sit quietly with a morning cup of coffee or tea. Just let your mind wander where it will.
- Do a BRAIN DUMP – write down anything and everything that is chattering away in your brain. Let it out.
- Go for a walk around your block and take in the sites, sounds and smells. Let the earth clear you.
- Journal in a free style format. Let whatever thoughts, ideas or wonderings that pop up go down on paper.
- Have a conversation with yourself. Yes, just talk out loud and be amused at what is going on inside you.
- Do a simple breath meditation just focusing on your inhale and exhale. Set the intention that with every exhale, old information will leave your body and your brain.