Organize Your Paper
Are you drowning in a sea of paper? Are the piles taking over your space and your life?
Do you remember when getting a letter in the mail was a treat? The purpose of paper and information is connection, education, growth, creativity and productivity. Sadly, we have lost touch with this pupose due to the overwhelm. We need help. We need systems to handle all the information coming at us every day.
Time to go from Paper Pile Pain to Paper Power!
SEE IT. MAP IT. DO IT.© is the 3-step organizing system that works for all the areas of your space and life. Let’s use it to change the paper pain to paper power!
Get your SEE IT. MAP IT. DO IT.© For Your Paper in our FREE Paper Guide
SEE IT – Take a look at where you’ve been and where you are now. Do your best to be neutral and take the observer viewpoint while exploring below:
- Go around your space and take pictures of all the paper piles. Then look at the pictures – what do you see?
- Tap into your emotions and write the story your paper clutter tells.
- Take time to write what’s working. You can be specific or general.
- Is your active paper separate from your older papers? Or mixed up.
- What isn’t working? Where are you stuck and why?
- What is stressing you the most about your paper pain?
- Are you holding onto outdated ways of handling paper?
MAP IT – Make a written plan for what you want. Think about the big picture and overall goals with the paper. You can work out the details later.
- Write how your space will look and feel when you have the right homes and habits in place for handling all of the paper that comes in.
- Create an online board of images that reflect what you want most.
- Create a mind map showing the elements of your ideal area and systems.
- Now take some time to write a new story. How do you want to feel when handling your paper? How might you be open to a different way (i.e. having less paper, using simplified systems, getting help)?
DO IT – Take the steps to make it happen. The DO IT step is loaded because you are now touching all the paper. We will introduce you to the subsystems of iRAFT© for the active paper and S.T.A.C.K.S.© for all the rest. Get help from a professional organizer if needed!
- Gather and start with your active paper before the older stuff. This would be your most recent piles of incoming paper and mail, bills to be paid, and such. You will use the system of iRAFT© for these papers. iRAFT© stands for incoming, Read, Action, File and Toss. You will want detailed guidance on each step of this system. Get everything at www.clearsimple.com/iRAFT.
- After you get your active paper organized, you can tackle your older paper and files. Time for the S.T.A.C.K.S.© System that guides you through each step. www.clearsimple.com/systems. You will also want to consider the FreedomFiler System for all your filing needs! www.clearsimple.com/freedomfiler
- Once you complete your active paper, take time to celebrate.
I love teaching the Clear & Simple Way to live free of clutter and get organized at last.