Were you born with the organizing gene?
Did anyone ever tell you that organizing is a SKILL that only 10-12% of the human population on the planet earth is born with (see note below)? Most people assume that everyone should just know how. Parents expect their kids to know how to clean up their rooms. Bosses expect their employees to know how to organizing their office. Yet, 90% of the human population on the planet earth really struggle.
So believe me when I say…
– If clutter clearing was easy, the piles wouldn’t be there.
– And if organizing was easy, the chaos wouldn’t be here.
If you are part of the 10% then:
- Walking into a room filled with clutter and chaos gets you excited
- Your hands get itchy and you want to start touching and moving the stuff
- You go into a trance or creative zone when you are doing the work
- You are often helping other people with their disorganization and maybe you have even started an organizing business.
If you are NOT born with the innate skill then:
- You struggle with where to start, what to do and how to keep it up
- Even thinking about clutter clearing or organizing is draining
- Your attempts to get organized have left you feeling helpless and hopeless
- You have probably ready many books and tried many approaches only to give up
My story of how it all began…
It was April of 1999 when I met my first organizing client. I was there to work on her home office. I was excited and also terrified. We had only spoken on the phone so I didn’t know what to expect and I felt clueless about how I would help her. I had many tools and lots of experience to draw from but I didn’t have a system to take us through the process.
Throughout my first year I witnessed over and over again that my clients were wired differently from me. They got confused and didn’t understand the steps. This is when the Clear & Simple Systems were born. I realized I needed a way to teach them the SKILL. And I wanted it to be fun and easy.
Coming up, I will be sharing SEE IT. MAP IT. DO IT. and STACKS. These systems teach the SKILL. These simple steps are what make organizing easier. If you want more information now, go to www.clearsimple.com/systems
NOTE: In the last 20 years, I have consulted with hundreds of clients and audiences. According to my research only 10-12% of the human population is born with the organizing gene, with the innate skill. The other 90% really struggle.
Your Guide, Marla Dee
– teaching the Clear & Simple Way to live free of clutter and get organized at last