Home Organizing Tips & Tricks for Productivity
Being organized and being productive both require finding what you need when you need it. The following tips will make both of these easier.
Our homes can easily fill with clutter and chaos. Yet, the purpose of our home is peace, support and connection. We are sharing our top 5 tips that are easy to implement and can make a big difference over time.
Watch the video for all the great information and see our tips down below. Marla on Fox 13 – The Place
Top 5 Tips:
- Containers make a huge difference for all types of stuff and all areas – everything from drawers to the garage. Containers make it easier to store your things, find your things and return them to where they belong. Trick: Leave the tops off containers that will be used often for easy access. (Watch the video for some of our favorites)
- Then label the containers and the shelves. This makes it easy for you to find what you want rather than digging through multiple bins and boxes. It also makes life easier because the kids (or husband) can put it back where it belongs. Get and use your own labeler. The Container Store has a great selection of all kinds of labels.
- Get your own TimeTimer – the best tool for making time tangible. This wonderful tool is different from you typical timer. It shows you by the section in red how much time is left so you can quickly adjust.
- Capture all incoming information in ONE place – one notebook, one place on your smart phone and one container for all the paper that lands in your home. (check out the video for a couple fun ideas including a magnetic container from the Container Store that can attach to your refrigerator Piggy Magnetic Container.
- Create strong ZONES by putting like with like. These days we are so busy that the stuff lands everywhere. Start with creating zones just for home office & paper, for all the toys, keep the bedroom only the bedroom, all tools together, a nice relaxing living room, etc.
We care about your home being everything you need and want. Please reach out and let us know if we can help by teaching you how or helping you get it done!
Marla, Kate & Team