Spring is a time of renewal, of light, of growth.
Clearing & organizing are easier when we align with nature. Mother earth is masterful at letting go of old & dying materials to make way for new growth. So, we often need to clean out the garden patch before we plant new life. As we say hello to spring, take 5 minutes to pause and ask –
“What is one habit I am holding onto that is keeping me stuck or cluttering my space?”
From Marla – “I am releasing the pattern of going to the computer in the morning before I do my meditation and journaling. When I go to the computer first, it throws off my whole day. When I take my quiet, grounding sacred time first – my whole day flows. What are you ready to release?”
From a client – “Right now I am letting go of trying to do everything myself. Forcing the ‘I can do it ALL’ mentality has really taken a toll on me energetically, emotionally and physically. I’m practicing delegating some things to free me up. Then I can do what I most want. What is one thing you could hire out or ask someone to help with?”
Here are examples of old habits that can outlive their usefulness:
- Keeping all the emails in my inbox rather than setting up simple subfolders such as read, action and pending.
- Doing my meals and grocery shopping on the fly rather than weekly planning.
- Going to bed too late – forcing myself to stay up. Or sleeping in too late and skipping my morning time.
- Plopping all the incoming mail and paper on the kitchen counter (rather than an incoming container).
- Walking by piles of stuff day after day rather than a weekly restore to put everything in it’s home.
Once you get clear on what you are ready to release, you can ask what new habit you want to bring in. What would feel good and supportive for you life now?
We would LOVE to hear your ideas!
Marla & Team