Is your bedroom a peaceful sanctuary or a cluttered disaster?
Because the bedroom is behind closed doors, it’s easy to ignore the clutter that builds up there. But continuing to ignore your bedroom means always waking up feeling tired and overwhelmed.
If you were standing at the door to your bedroom right now, what would you be seeing and feeling? Is it a peaceful sanctuary or a cluttered disaster?
The purpose of your bedroom is rest, relaxation, intimacy and healing. You can transform your space by the following Clear & Simple’s easy system.
SEE IT. MAP IT. DO IT.© is the 3-step organizing system that works for all the areas of your space and life. Let’s use it to transform your bedroom.
SEE IT – Take a look at where you’re at. Have each person answer the questions below for the whole bedroom (we will do the clothes closet later). When you are done, take time to share with each other.
- What’s working? You can be specific or general.
- What do you love about the look, feel and function?
- Are there things you know you want to change?
- What’s not working? What don’t you like?
- Are there things in your bedroom that don’t belong there?
- Are you doing things other than rest and intimacy in your bedroom?
MAP IT – Make a written plan for what you want. Go after what you really desire as this is the most important room in your home.
- How do you want your bedroom to look, feel and function? Have FUN!
- Create an online board of images that inspire you. Go for it!
- Create a mind map showing all the elements you most want.
- Is there a theme for your room such as beach house?
- What colors and textures would make you happy?
- What do you want to add to your bedroom, like a reading chair?
DO IT – Take the steps to make it happen. Look on your calendar and set up time for the transformation. Try playing music and make this joyful.
- Choose which area you want to start with. We suggest starting small and building up from there. For example, you could do the bed and side tables, then go to the dresser and rest of the room.
- Go through the S.T.A.C.K.S.© System for the project (Sort, Toss, Assign, Contain, Keep it up, Simplify). By following STACKS the process you will save time, energy and money. Go to www.clearsimple.com/systems/
- Once you complete each area, take time to celebrate. Why not have a date night in your new bedroom! We promise you will sleep better and wake up happier.