An organized pantry means a happy, healthy family!
Cleaning is my favorite way to relax. I clear things out and get rid of the stuff I don’t need. When the food pantry and the refrigerator are organized, I feel less stressed.
Take a look inside your pantry just for fun! Can you find what you want and put away the groceries? It seems the food just builds up and before you know it there are years worth of expired food, random stuff shoved onto shelves and no space for the new to come in. Let’s use See it. Map it. Do it. to transform your pantry. When it is organized:
- You will spend less money
- Eating healthy is easier
- Cooking is more enjoyable
SEE IT – Take a look at where you are now. Have each person answer the questions below. When you are done, take time to share with each other.
- What’s working? You can be specific or general.
- What do you love about the look, feel and function?
- Are there things you know you want to change?
- What isn’t working? What don’t you like?
- Do you have easy access to everything? Are shelves labeled?
- Are there things in your pantry that don’t belong there?
- Are you storing items besides food, like servings dishes, and appliances?
MAP IT – Make a written plan for what you want. Go after what you really desire. The energy in your pantry contributes to how you eat and how you feel about yourself, your body and your health.
- How do you want your pantry to look, feel and function?
- Create an online board of images that inspire you.
- Create a mind map showing all the elements you want.
- Do you to store items such as serving dishes, and small appliances?
- Do you have a system for rotating new food purchases and using the older items first, like FIFO (first in, first out)?
DO IT – Take the steps to make it happen. Look on your calendar and set up time for the transformation! You are going to love this.
- Choose which area you want to start with. We suggest starting small and building up from there. For example, you could clear out expired food and then do different categories such as canned goods, snacks, etc.
- Go through the S.T.A.C.K.S.© System for the area (Sort, Toss, Assign, Contain, Keep it up, Simplify). By following S.T.A.C.K.S.© the project will be easier and you will save money. Go to www.clearsimple.com/systems.
- Shop for the shelving and containers you really want and need.
Once you complete each part of the project, take time to celebrate. We are certain you will feel empowered around food choices and enjoy cooking for yourself and loved ones.
I love teaching the Clear & Simple Way to live free of clutter and get organized at last.