Does your office support you or stress you?
Most of us spend more time in our office than at home.
Make your office a place where you thrive and do your best work!
– Marla Dee
Why work in a disorganized office or a space you really do not like? By continually doing so, you decrease your productivity, your ideas, your joy for the work you do. We want to help you by sharing the Clear & Simple Way to having a beautiful work space that you enjoy.
SEE IT – Take a look at where you’ve been and where you are now. Do your best to be neutral and take the observer viewpoint while exploring below:
- Go around your work space and take pictures. Then take a look at them!
- Tap into your gut or emotions and write the story your clutter tells.
- Take time to write what’s working? You can be specific or general.
- What isn’t working? Where are you stuck and why?
- What is stressing you the most about your work space?
- Are you holding onto old furniture or outdated ways handling paper?
MAP IT – Make a written plan for what you want. Think about the big picture and overall goals for your work space. You can work out the details later.
- Write how your space will look, feel and function when you have the right homes and habits in place for all of the work that comes your way.
- Create an online board of images that reflect what you want most.
- Create a mind map showing the elements of your ideal area and systems.
- Ask – if you could set your office up anywhere, where would it be?
- Now take some time to write a new story. How do you want to feel when you are working in this space? How might you be open to different (i.e. having less paper, using different systems, or getting help).
DO IT – Take the steps to make it happen. Look on your calendar and set up time for the transformation!
- Choose an area to start with. We suggest starting small and building up from there. For example, you could start with the desktop and supply drawers, then go to other drawers, files, furniture and end with decor.
- Go through the S.T.A.C.K.S.© System for the area (Sort, Toss, Assign, Contain, Keep it up, Simplify). By following S.T.A.C.K.S.© the project will be easier and you will save money. Go to www.clearsimple.com/steps.
- Enjoy shopping for the containers you want and need.
- Once you complete each area, take time to celebrate. We know you will enjoy working and being in your office. For more fun ideas check out our Ultimate Office Checklist and get something you really need or want!