Stop using raggedly old luggage or pieces you don’t like.
How many pieces of luggage, backpacks, purses, etc. do you have?
How many do you actually use?
– Marla Dee
In 2019, the global luggage market was valued at approximately 22.11 billion U.S. dollars. We can’t begin to imagine how many pieces of luggage or travel bags everyone has.
The question is: Do you use all those pieces of luggage or travel bags? Is it time to let go of some?
Let this Travel Guide help you.
SEE IT – Take a look at where you are now. Answer the questions below for your current luggage pieces and packing habits.
- What’s working? You can be specific or general.
- What do you like (if anything) about your luggage and packing?
- Are there things you know you want to change?
- What isn’t working? What don’t you like?
- Is there stuff you know you won’t need and take anyway?
- Breathe deeply and tap into how you feel when you prepare for packing and are on vacation. Do you have more than you need? Do you forget things?
MAP IT – Make a written plan for what you really need and want. We enjoy our trips and have more freedom when we are honest about this.
- How do you want to feel while packing for and being on vacation?
- Get inspiration from Pinterest and YouTube and save it for reference.
- Create a mind map showing all the elements you need and want.
- Will you be traveling for pleasure? For work?
- Are you willing to schedule time to plan, purchase, and pack.
- Is it time for you to purchase new luggage you love and that supports your trips? If so, add this to your plan of action.
DO IT – Take the steps to make it happen. Look on your calendar and schedule the time at least a week ahead of traveling!
- Just get it done. Start by hauling out all of your travel items; luggage, toiletries, travel kits, toys and tools.
- Go through the S.T.A.C.K.S.© System on each category of stuff you hauled out (Sort, Toss, Assign, Contain, Keep it up, Simplify). By following S.T.A.C.K.S.© the project will be easier and you will save time, energy, and money. Go to www.clearsimple.com/systems.
- There will be far fewer items than on typical organizing projects, but they may also feel more loaded because we agonize about being unprepared.
- Once you complete this project, take time to practice and prepare things. Pack your bags in different ways to find what works best for you. Fill refillable toiletry bottles.
Your guides to a simpler life, Marla Dee & Kate Fehr.
We are passionate about teaching The Clear & Simple Way© to live free of clutter and get organized at last.